Talk to us about how to start selling your home. We are professionals in property management, sales and marketing and we pride ourselves on communication and customer service. We will listen to you and consider your options. We respect your wishes and we will advise you of the best way to sell your home.
Preparing your property to put on the market can be the difference between a good price and a great price.
- Give yourself time.
- Allow a week or two prior to marketing to organise the home and complete any odd jobs both inside and out.
- Presentation is everything.
- You want to welcome people into your home and you want to make them feel comfortable.
- Ensure all minor repairs are completed. It’s the little things that buyers look at.
- Let plenty of natural light into the home and, on an overcast or wintery day, turn on the lights or in the warmer months turn on air conditioning or ceiling fans.
- Be sure to follow this throughout the entire selling process - not just at the start.
Depending on the market, the area and the home itself, your agent will know the most suitable way to sell your home to get the best possible outcome.
Whether it be by auction, setting a reserve price, closing date sale or quietly listing, talk to your Porteous agent about your options.