145 Gloster Street SUBIACO WA 6008
View More Details
Timeless Subiaco Beauty
Welcome to 'Tulia Cottage'.
This superb Subiaco character home boasts a timeless blend of classic Federation features and contemporary improvements and is ready to welcome new owners. The property exudes the old-world charm from the moment you arrive, from the leadlight entry door to the white-painted timber fretwork and welcoming front porch with tessellated tiling.
Inside the circa 1924 home, you'll find typical era features, including soaring ceilings with ornate roses and cornices, original jarrah floorboards, and fireplaces. A cosy lounge room at the front of the home includes a stunning bevelled glass mirror above the working gas fireplace and a large multi-paned window overlooking the front gardens.
Across the hall, the main bedroom comprises extensive built-in robes and a newly renovated, fully tiled ensuite with a frameless rainhead shower, floating dual vanity and heated towel rail. The family bathroom features a similar design, with a bevelled mirror above the vanity and a bathtub. Three minor bedrooms have beautiful chandelier light fittings, and one features triple built-in robes.
Step down to the renovated laundry, where you'll find tremendous storage, including cupboards above and below the stone benchtops, linen shelving, and a recess for an extra fridge if desired. Adjacent, sliding doors lead to a charming side courtyard, complete with lush gardens and a delightful water feature and koi pond - the perfect 'zen' space for quiet reflection or simply enjoying a morning cuppa.
The completely remodelled kitchen boasts a huge island with Caesarstone and waterfall ends and a suite of high-end Miele appliances - including a 5-burner cooktop and rangehood, double ovens and an integrated dishwasher. There's ample Blum soft-closing cabinetry, a double sink with German tapware and filtered water - everything you'll need for catering for your family and guests.
The spacious open-plan living area and dining areas are ideal for inclusive family activities and meals and include custom-designed floating cabinetry on either side of the wood fireplace. A striking semi-circular pendant light from Italy is suspended above the dining area. Wall-to-wall windows with timber frames and French doors integrate the indoor and outdoor living areas for all-season entertaining. The alfresco features an impressive vaulted ceiling with a fan and louvre shutters to soften the afternoon sun. There's also a built-in 5-burner Beefeater BBQ and a sink to keep things nice and easy.
Follow the gently sloping block into the backyard to find fully reticulated lawn and easy-care gardens. Young children will love the wooden cubby house shaded by a magnificent Jacaranda tree. The lock-up garage is accessed via the ROW behind the property and includes roof rafters for storage.
This four-bedroom, two-bathroom family home sits in a highly desirable Subiaco enclave close to Daglish Station, Shenton Park and fantastic shopping and dining amenities on Onslow and Nicholson Roads. You'll also appreciate its proximity to Kings Park, Shenton College, the Nedlands hospital precinct and endless restaurants, bars and cafes in the centre of Subiaco.
• Dual catchment for Rosalie and Subiaco Primary
• 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom Federation character residence
• Built 1924, on a 577sqm block
• Fully renovated kitchen, bathrooms & laundry
• High ceilings & Jarrah floorboards
• Decorative ceilings and cornices
• High skirting boards
• Side courtyard with koi pond & water feature
• Candelabra and chandelier lighting
• Working and decorative fireplaces
• Deluxe kitchen with Caesarstone, Miele appliances and LED strip lighting
• LED downlights
• Timber-decked alfresco with built-in kitchen
• Low maintenance, reticulated gardens
• Huge Jacaranda, Frangipani and flowering almond tree
• Wooden cubby house
• Double lock-up garage with ROW access
• New instant gas hot water system
• 1.1km to Shenton College
• 1.5km to Subiaco Primary School
• 900m to Rosalie Primary School
• 400m to Shenton Park
• 1.5km to Kings Park and Botanic Gardens
• 3.6km to Perth Modern School
• 1.7km to Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital
• 630m to Daglish Station
• 2km to the Subiaco Hotel
• 340m to shops at Nicholson Road