Timeless Luxury with Contemporary Style in Elite Locale
Residing on one of Claremont's most coveted, prestigious streets; a captivating modern residence, spectacularly transformed behind a magnificent 1915 Heritage façade into a masterful synergy of old and new where original character melds seamlessly into compelling, architect designed contemporary spaces.
Resting in perfectly landscaped gardens on a generous corner plot in the heart of the river precinct, 13 Agett Road radiates a timeless, enduring aesthetic, distinguished by its elegant dove grey and white exterior, deep checkerboard paved verandah with timber fretwork, double gables, chimney stacks and crisp white window frames. Interiors are sophisticated and effortlessly stylish, with a gorgeous nod to the home's Federation past and a heavenly twist of modern luxury.
Interiors feature grandly proportioned, beautifully balanced, light filled spaces at every turn; a heavenly symphony of graceful formal, casual and entertaining areas spilling effortlessly to glorious poolside, outdoor terraces and gardens. A striking modern palette of cool whites, black, beautiful herringbone French oak floors, soaring ceilings, ornate cornices and original fireplaces emphasizes the divine interplay of light and space.
Designed to accommodate the needs of families across all ages and stages, this exquisite home is incredibly easy to live in with perfectly zoned and integrated areas bringing everyone together for living, dining and entertainment, yet providing distinct spaces for work, sleep and privacy. Almost every room connects directly to the outdoors and offers a multitude of spaces for relaxing, entertaining and play.
Impressively spacious rooms flow from the long entrance hall - a blissfully tranquil sitting room with original fireplace, and opposite, a gorgeously bright and sunny guest bedroom with French doors opening to the verandah, walk in robe and elegant ensuite. An additional king size bedroom has a private entrance via the verandah and can easily be utilized as a work from home space.
A series of archways draws you deeper towards sun drenched open plan spaces spanning the rear of the home. Anchored by high recessed ceilings, family living and dining are gloriously expansive, yet clearly defined by function. The sleek, modern, magnificently appointed kitchen takes centre stage with white shaker style cabinetry, large island with breakfast bar seating, a suite of premium Miele appliances and accompanying butlers' pantry with second Miele oven and integrated fridge/freezer. Beautiful steel framed bifold doors open to resort style rear gardens - a large indoor/outdoor dining and lounging area with pizza oven, combined BBQ/fireplace and large drinks fridge, perfect for relaxing, year-round entertaining and for keeping an eye on the kids playing on the lawn or in the pristine pool.
A striking Oak staircase connects both levels, and the home includes provision for elevator installation. Upper accommodation is abundant and substantial with a vast primary suite overlooking beautiful rear gardens, palatial dressing room and opulent en-suite, plus two generously sized bedrooms with built in robes, a stylish family bathroom and separate powder room.
There's so much to love about this spectacular home. 13 Agett Road is set on a superb family sized, 730sqm landholding in the heart of riverside Claremont, walking distance to Claremont Park, the river, Freshwater Bay Primary, Christchurch Grammar, MLC, Claremont Quarter and easy access to public transport. Perfectly in harmony with the demands of modern life, yet beyond the magnificence lies easy going, relaxed liveability for a peerless riverside lifestyle without compromise.
• Architect designed
• Beautifully landscaped, fully reticulated gardens
• Automated blinds throughout using app
• Deep verandah with imported checkerboard stone
• Entrance hall with original archway and corbels
• High ceilings, French Oak Herringbone floors, ornate cornices, original fireplaces
• King size guest bedroom with French doors to verandah, walk in robe
• 5th bedroom/home office with private entrance, walk in robe
• Study nook
• Expansive open plan living and living with recessed ceilings, Escea New Zealand gas fireplace, steel framed bifold doors opening to entertaining alfresco
• Magnificent kitchen with Porcelain counters, a suite of Miele appliances including a freestanding range with teppanyaki plate, dishwasher and microwave, fridge and freezer
• Butlers' pantry with convection oven/microwave
• Indoor/outdoor year-round entertaining area including pizza oven, fireplace, BBQ & large drinks fridge
• Pristine pool
• 2 Powder rooms
• Triple garage with storage area, provision for EV charger, app to open garage door
• Porcelain imported Italian tiles in bathrooms
• Bath and basins Victoria + Albert
• Perrin & Rowe kitchen tapware
• Marble tiles in laundry
• Porcelain counters to kitchen, laundry and bathrooms
• Hepburn hardware for cabinets throughout
• Eco imported stone - checkerboard paving
• Ducted zoned reverse cycle air conditioning
• Alarm with front door security camera
• Vast primary bedroom with palatial fitted dressing room
• Luxury en-suite with freestanding bath, double vanity, walk in shower, separate wc
• Family bathroom with walk in shower, double vanity
• Wall of floor to ceiling storage in minor bedrooms' hallway
Town of Claremont: $2,797.73 p/a
Water Corporation: $1,820.01 p/a