Garden Valley, YORK WA 6302
YORK WA 6302
|Inspection||Inspection by Appointment|
Garden Valley York - A Private 100 Acre Estate Reminiscent Of Margaret River.
This private oasis is 1.5 hours from Perth City comprising 100 acres (40.45 ha). The property is eight minutes west from York Township in an area known as Garden Valley at the end of a private road. The Garden Valley area was originally developed as a market garden, supplying produce to Perth.
The land includes a winter stream, pond, boutique vineyard, six horse paddocks and 27ha of fertile soils suitable for cropping. The property extends to the top of the rear hill with extensive views over the valley. The owners have a special BBQ/Picnic area on top of the hill.
The property features a beautiful main character homestead with wrap around verandas, three bedrooms, two bathrooms, exquisite wooden floor boards, renovated kitchen and two bathrooms.
Next to the main house is a second residence with three bedrooms and two bathrooms. Between both residences is a large games room that teenagers will approve of. At the front of the property is an in-ground pool area teasing for those hot summer days we all adore. To the side of the property is a large workshop/winery store room the envy of anyone dreaming of a man shed.
The vineyard has 675 vines which produces 1 to 2 tonnes of fruit per year from a superb variety of Houghton cloned Cabernet Sauvignon chosen for the location and planted by well-known WA winemakers. The sensational wine produced is for family and friends only.
The main buildings are surrounded by beautiful formal gardens, mature trees and extensive grassed areas.
• A beautiful original homestead that has been extensively renovated.
• A modern three-bedroom second residence.
• Large Games Room.
• In ground Pool and entertaining area.
• Large workshop and storeroom with solar panels.
• 6 horse paddocks near the homestead all with reticulated water.
• 15 KVA inline generator.
• Private vineyard for owner’s consumption – 675 Houghton clone Cabernet
Sauvignon vines some six years old.
• 700 meters of winter creek (6-mile brook) with permanent summer water is
featured in the homestead garden.
• Deep fertile arable soils with some 27 Ha (approx) suitable for cropping.
• The homestead and surrounds are extensively treed with deciduous
specimens, including Golden Ash, Claret Ash, Chinese Elms providing a
wonderful cool landscape.
• A well laid out garden including a formal rose garden, an extensive area of
planting including Agapanthus, Lavender and Salvia.
• A small orchard with mature trees.
• A permanent water supply from desalination of the unlimited bore water.
• Classic turn of the century WA shearing shed which could be restored.
• Original 1880 two room mud-brick cottage.
• 8km to York Township.
Ring Jonathan Keys for details or to arrange a private viewing on
0401 603 838.
Property Type: House
Land Size: 100acre