70 Johnston Street, MOSMAN PARK WA 6012
70 Johnston Street, MOSMAN PARK WA 6012
|Inspection||Inspection by Appointment|
Stunning Old-World Charm
Viewings this Saturday. Please call for time.
Originally built circa-1930s and on a massive land holding overlooking the Manners Hill Park in between the Peppermint Grove Tennis Club and picturesque Freshwater Bay, this enchanting and heritage-listed 5 bedroom 3 bathroom two-storey haven is full of history, character and has been renovated and extended over the years to ensure comfortable family living for all involved. It was also the home of important Western Australian architect, Marshall Clifton, who lived here with his family for more than four decades and possesses many a Spanish influence that Clifton indeed brought back from his travels in Europe.
A private, gated and secure front yard has lawns for the kids to run around on, while you keep a watchful eye from the comfort of the study, complete with a feature corner fireplace off the home’s entrance. From here, you can access a generous and versatile storeroom or fifth bedroom that enjoys a semi-ensuite passage through to a contemporary “fourth” bathroom with a shower, vanity and two-way toilet.
A large and carpeted formal front lounge is reserved for those special occasions, much like the adjacent formal dining room that is even more epic in its already-expansive proportions. A massive sunken conservatory-like family room with elegantly-high soaring ceilings doubles as your central meeting place and has access up to the mezzanine, as well as the back garden via three separate sets of gorgeous double French doors.
Functional in every single way, the kitchen plays host to split-system air-conditioning, a feature skylight, quality bench tops, ample storage options, a range hood, an integrated dishwasher, a five-burner gas cooktop, AEG Competence ovens and enjoys access to the casual-meals area – and eventually the large library on the other side of the layout. There, split-system air-conditioning, a gas fireplace and a ceiling fan complement three lots of double French doors for access to a pleasant entertaining courtyard.
Your hidden sanctuary is completed by a shimmering below-ground salt-water swimming pool at the rear that can host your entire family at the same time. A timber-lined poolside cabana merely enhances your entertainment options in this most serene of settings.
Upstairs, it’s your choice of master – or “guest” – bedroom suites with the alternative “fourth” bedroom retreat comprising of a ceiling fan, ample built-in-wardrobe space, a shower, toilet and vanity to its intimate ensuite bathroom and an enclosed balcony that overlooks the riverside parklands. The main bedroom has high raked ceilings, its own fan, more stylish light fittings, large “his and hers” fitted walk-in robes, pool views from two separate balcony decks and a deluxe ensuite with a shower, toilet, heat lamps, twin vanities and a heated towel rack.
Just a few doors down from our famous Swan River, the boat ramp and Royal Freshwater Bay Yacht Club – what a spectacular spot this is.
• Solid brick-and-tile construction
• Spanish terracotta roof tiles
• Arched windows
• Decorative shutters
• Wrought-iron balcony balustrades
• Securely-gated front-yard entrance
• Gated double carport with access to a third carport, plus an additional garage or secure storage area
• Front study
• Huge formal lounge and dining rooms
• Massive sunken central family room
• Large library area with pool views
• Casual-meals area with full-height atrium-style windows, enabling lush garden views
• Functional central kitchen with modern appliances
• Your choice of two upstairs master – or guest – suites
• Main family bathroom with a bathtub and showerhead – plus a separate adjacent toilet – upstairs
• Carpeted 2nd upstairs bedroom with park views, a BIR and a double-door Juliet balcony
• 3rd upper-level bedroom with carpet, BIR’s, a study or sewing room and a built-in desk and storage
• Front 5th bedroom – or a large extra storeroom – with semi-ensuite access to the 4th bedroom
• Practical laundry with ample storage options and outdoor access
• Storeroom off entry
• Under-stair storage
• Large salt-water swimming pool in the backyard
• Poolside cabana
OTHER FEATURES INCLUDE:
• Re-wired throughout
• High raked ceilings
• Upstairs mezzanine level with storage and a swirling staircase leading to the ground floor
• Split-system air-conditioning
• Beautiful white plantation window shutters
• Two gas hot-water systems (one of them new)
• Citrus trees in the rear garden
• Leafy gardens
• Massive 1,042sqm (approx.) block
LOCATION FEATURES (all distance are approximate):
• 260m walk to the Peppermint Grove Tennis Club
• 260m walk to the Royal Freshwater Bay Yacht Club
• 400m walk to St Hilda’s
• 1.0km to Iona Presentation College
• 1.2km to Cottesloe Primary School
• 1.4km to Cottesloe Central
• 1.4km to PLC
• 1.5km to Mosman Park Train Station
• 2.8km to Cottesloe Beach
• 6.8km to Fremantle
Property Type: House
Land Size: 1042m2