67 Hawkstone Street, COTTESLOE WA 6011
67 Hawkstone Street, COTTESLOE WA 6011
|Inspection||Inspection by Appointment|
Superbly Located Character Family Home
This beautiful, well maintained, 1940s Cottesloe home exudes warmth and boasts charming character features typical of the era, while offering all the modern touches we look for in a family home.
Timber floors, high ceilings with decorative cornices and leadlight windows are some of the charming features found throughout the home. Two separate internal living areas provide options for your family to enjoy together time as well as individual pursuits.
At the front of the home, the master bedroom features plantation shutters and an ornate ceiling rose, a ceiling fan, built-in robes and a contemporary ensuite with a twin floating vanity, double frameless shower and WC. Across the hallway, French doors open into a cosy lounge room with leadlight windows, picture rails and shutters.
Bedroom two can also be an office or study and has timber window frames and a roller blind.
In the heart of the home, you will find the beautifully appointed kitchen, comprising stone benchtops, 900mm Ilve oven and gas cooktop, a Bosch dishwasher and ample storage cabinets. The kitchen opens directly into the living and dining areas that are flooded with natural light from two skylights and the large timber frames sash windows.
Two generous minor bedrooms to the rear of the home each offers double built-in robes and timber windows with roman blinds. These are adjunct to the family bathroom that has heated towel rails, a bathtub, WC and a single shower. There is a conveniently separate additional WC in the hallway. This area includes a separate utility room with generous cupboards, a laundry trough, full plumbing for a washing machine and separate dryer and a Victorian hanging cloth airer.
The family room opens to the outdoors through double French doors where you will love entertaining beneath the alfresco pergola, paved with unsealed limestone and featuring a vaulted, timber-lined ceiling. There is an electric heater for chilly evenings and plenty of room for a BBQ and outdoor setting. Lush, very private, tropical gardens, including established bamboo, yuccas and palms, frame the inviting solar-heated pool. An expanse of lawn and gorgeous two-storey cubby house will keep the little ones happy, and glass pool fencing will keep them safe when they’re not in view. The hot water outdoor shower is perfect for rinsing off between dips, or after a refreshing swim down the road at Cottesloe beach.
This family-friendly street is superbly positioned a short stroll to North Cottesloe Primary School, Daisies Cafe, Grant Street Station, and of course, vibrant Marine Parade and spectacular Cottesloe beaches. For shopping and dining Swanbourne Central, Eric Street Shopping Centre, Cottesloe Central, Napoleon Street and The Boatshed are moments away, and the Claremont Quarter is just a couple of kilometres up Stirling Highway.
The home is also well positioned for prestigious schools, including Christ Church, PLC, MLC and Scotch College, and the Swan River foreshore is only 1.3km away. Seize the opportunity to secure a gorgeous family home in this prized coastal locale.
• Circa 1945 well maintained brick and tile home with extension
• Four bedrooms, two contemporary bathrooms, 3 WC’s
• Extra high ceilings, original jarrah flooring, timber flooring in the extension
• Built-in robes to master and two minor bedrooms
• Leadlight windows and doors, timber window frames
• Ornate ceiling roses, cornices and picture rails
• European kitchen appliances, stone benchtops
• Fully equipt utility room with cabinets, laundry trough, plumbing for washing machine and dryer and Victorian hanging clothes airer
• Internal alarm system & CrimSafe security screens
• Daikin ducted reverse-cycle air conditioning
• Skylights to the living and dining areas
• Fully insulated roof
• Double carport with ceiling storage & lockable sliding gate
• Secure front garden and veranda entry
• Lockable gates to the side of the house and rear laneway
• Paved alfresco with vaulted ceiling and electric heater
• Tropical, private rear garden including bamboo, yucca, palms
• Solar heated pool with glass balustrading.
• Hot water outdoor shower in garden
• Two-storey cubby house
• Automatic garden reticulation
• Mature fruiting lemon tree
• 260m to Grant Street Station
• 620m to North Cottesloe Primary School
• 1.4km to Scotch College
• 1.7km to MLC Claremont
• 640m to Marine Parade
• 320m to Daisies Cafe
• 1.4km to Cottesloe Tennis Club
• 1.4km to Swan River Foreshore Reserve
• 1.5km to Napoleon Street shops & cafes
• 1.7km to Cottesloe Central
• 1.9km to the Claremont Quarter
Property Type: House
Land Size: 493m2
Carport Spaces: 2