20 Deane Street, COTTESLOE WA 6011
20 Deane Street, COTTESLOE WA 6011
This is simply heaven on earth. Love your life high on the hill in one of Perth’s most spectacular coastal settings with gloriously extravagant, panoramic views over the Indian Ocean to Rottnest, Cottesloe rugby fields and Sea View Golf Course, with coveted South Cottesloe Beach just a short stroll away. Designed by renowned architect Martin Grounds, this unique, wonderfully warm and welcoming, family friendly Cottesloe beach house perfectly captures the quintessential, relaxed Australian sun, sea and sand lifestyle envied the world over.
With a multitude of gorgeously sunny living and dining areas, timber kitchen, 4 generous bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2 powder rooms, huge undercroft art studio/board store, multiple outdoor areas for easy entertaining and beautiful gardens, this fantastic family home is incredibly easy to live in, with plenty of space for everyone.
Entry to the property is through a secure intercom gate, with high walls offering absolute privacy. Inside, beautiful timber floors, whitewashed walls and ceilings with exposed beams
At the front of the home, a wonderfully spacious sitting/TV room with stone fireplace and beautiful ocean views. Doors open to a lovely balcony with steps into enchanting native gardens. Tucked under a beautiful tree, a timber bench offering a blissful spot to enjoy a coffee in the fabulous morning sunshine.
Back inside, sundrenched open plan family spaces are divine with glorious natural light, beautiful Canadian hemlock timber floors and a lovely fireplace for cosy winter evenings. The gorgeous dining area has room to seat 10 or more and a vast, modern, farmhouse style kitchen with fabulous 1200mm freestanding stove, and plenty of prep and storage space, making entertaining easy for the home chef. Bi-fold doors open to a huge north facing deck overlooking the pristine pool and delightful gardens, with lovely views out to the ocean and golf course. There’s room to dine alfresco and the sitting area is a heavenly spot to relax with a book, or with friends. Strip heaters, an overhead fan, awnings and sun filter blinds take care of everything the seasons can throw at you!
The upper floor hosts gorgeous bedrooms tucked into eaves with sloping ceilings and large Velux windows offering wonderful water views. Two large bright and airy bedrooms to the south open to a fabulous balcony overlooking the ocean and tranquil front gardens, with adjoining bathroom and powder room. A third sunny bedroom faces west, again with lovely ocean views and bathroom opposite.
The piece de resistance is the glorious master suite – an oversized sundrenched bedroom with vast, wraparound picture windows and breathtaking views across the golf course and out to the ocean. The built-in window seat offers a place to rest, relax and soak up the magnificent vista; and a lovely west facing sitting area with Velux window overlooks the ocean. There’s a fitted walk in robe, en-suite with vanity and WC, and just outside the door, a third bathroom.
There’s so much to love about this delightful hilltop residence. Relaxed, inviting, comfortable, brilliantly family focused, spacious, and stylish. Revel in the pristine ocean playground, join the swimmers, snorkelers, paddleboarders, surfers and beach walkers, and live the dream in this glorious oceanside paradise.
• Fabulous, relaxed, family friendly beach house, set high on the hill
• High walls, secure video intercom entry to front and rear
• Beautiful private front gardens and paved terrace
• 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, 3 living areas
• Canadian Hemlock timber floors, 2021 double glazing to south facing windows and doors
• Large sitting/TV/study with balcony, garden and ocean views
• Huge open plan family living area with fireplace and wall of bifold doors opening to the deck
• Generous dining area to seat 10+
• Huge modern, farmhouse style kitchen with Tasmanian Oak cabinetry, stone counters, large central island, 2 x 600mm freestanding range oven with 4 gas burners and grill, new F&P double dishdrawers, large walk-in pantry
• Huge north facing deck with sitting and dining areas, overlooking pool, landscaped gardens, views to ocean and golf course. Year round use with 3 strip heaters, ceiling fan, awning and sun filter blinds
• Steps down from deck to landscaped gardens, lawn, limestone borders
• Pool area with travertine terrace, built in timber seating, Enviroswim plunge pool with spa jets, gas heater, timber deck surround
• Upper floor master bedroom with expansive sea and golf course views. Large wraparound windows with auto blinds, sitting area with velux window, fitted walk in robe and powder room
• Adjacent bathroom with shower, vanity, WC
• Large bedroom with velux window, sun filter and blockout blinds, ocean views
• Main bathroom with vanity, bath and separate shower, heated towel rail, velux window
• Two large bedrooms to front, one with BIR, access to balcony, beautiful sea views
• En-suite with shower, spa corner bath, basin plus powder room
• Ground floor powder/shower room
• Large laundry with floor to ceiling storage, space for washer and dryer, hanging areas, door out to drying area
• Walk through lift from main to upper floor, auto return
• Huge undercroft artists studio/workshop/home office, 3 phase power
• Board storage
• Reverse cycle a/c
• Double garage, access from Fig Tree Lane
Property Type: House
Land Size: 569m2