198 Grey Street West, ALBANY WA 6330
198 Grey Street West, ALBANY WA 6330 AUS
|Inspection||Inspection by Appointment|
An historically significant c1880’s Federation home in the Queen Anne style, also known locally as the White House. This outstanding Albany property should be of immediate interest to both lovers of history, and those with an eye to the future.
Sitting on more than ÃâÃÂ¾ of an acre (3,258sqm) of elevated land on two titles in central Albany, the property enjoys panoramic views of Princess Royal Harbour and the town centre. The home itself represents the standing and ambitions of it’s original owners, the McKenzie family who were shipping magnates of the time.
It is an imposing two storey home of stone, brick and iron with exceptionally ornate features including incredible stained-glass windows and doors, wide timber floor boards, large skirting and architraves, an incredible timber stair case and detailed cornices, arches and ceiling roses. There are fireplaces in most rooms and even the original servant bells! Original veranda’s and balconies feature both front and back.
This is a substantial and important heritage property that is classed Category A on the City of Albany Municipal Heritage Inventory but is not listed on the State Statutory Heritage Register. Please refer to the floor plan on this website to get a feel for the layout and size of the home. Likewise, the aerial photos demonstrate the impressive grounds and additional outbuildings.
The structure appears very solid and any renovations are bound to be rewarded. There is development opportunity due to the zoning and fact that the second title of 1300sqm has no encroachment from the home itself. The property would also be ideal for tourist accommodation such as a luxury B&B or small hotel; providing holding income.
– Panoramic views of Princess Royal Harbour, Albany Port, CBD and Vancouver Peninsula
– Easy walk to Albany’s high streets or the waterfront precinct
– Very high ceilings (approx. 12′) on both levels
– Wide jarrah floorboards and ornate skirtings, architraves and doors of various timbers
– One-off stained glass windows and doors
– Intricate light fittings
– Fireplaces in most rooms
– Under floor heating system throughout (not currently in working order)
– Separate self-contained flat and garage adjacent to the main residence
– Incredible grounds featuring granite walls, expanses of lawn, trimmed hedges and original
– Total land area of 3,258sqm over two titles – made up of the house block (lot 7) of
1,958sqm and the adjacent block (lot 8) of 1,300sqm
– Frontage to Grey St of 60.49m – 36.35m (lot 7) and 24.14m (lot 8)
– Subdivision potential – R30 zoning
Council: $1,852.40 pa
Water: $1,353.73 pa
An incredible opportunity to own one of Albany’s most important historic homes and renovate to your own taste. This is a legacy purchase that will ideally become a treasured family asset for generations to come.
Please contact Peter Robertson on 0427 958 929 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or a private viewing. Our joint listing Agent in Albany is Rob Mason on 0411 615 806 or email@example.com
Property Type: House
Land Size: 3258m2